Ofena AQ: € 290,000 (Code 0971)
Ancient stone house on three levels in the historical centre.
Stone house on three levels with 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms just in the historical centre of a medieval town.
- General characteristics of the property: The property, accessible via two different streets, has a surface of about 170 sqm on three levels, connected by an internal wooden staircase. The building stands on a medieval plant. On the ground floor, there is a charming tavern, equipped with ancient stone fireplace, open kitchen, pantry, bathroom and woodshed. In the sleeping area, there are two bedrooms with ensuite bathroom, one equipped with fireplace. This level has an independent entrance. Finally, the top floor is a large living room 13 sqm large with a beautiful sixteenth century stone fireplace in the middle; a characteristic kitchen with fireplace and balcony which offers an astonishing view on the Tirino Valley; and an office equipped with an ancient fireplace, with access to the courtyard. This floor has two entrances accessible from two different streets.
- Orientation: The most extensive facade (living room and kitchen) is South-East oriented, overlooking the Tirino Valley.
- Structure: The bearing structure is in stone, characteristic of the place; the rooftop of the sleeping area rests on brick barrel vaults, while the living room’s ceiling has a double wooden frame. The vertical connections are all wooden. The double-pitched wooden roofs are covered by ancient brick tiles.
- Restoration: The renovation of the building has been carried out safeguarding possibly the original equipment and materials or integrating with others of the same period and style.
- Exteriors: The facades are original exposed stone. Portals and windows are also in local stone. Precious baroque doors and railings, in wrought iron, protect entrances, stairways and balconies, such as the gratings on the windows.
- Interior decoration: The house has been furnished with valuable antiques from Abruzzo or other Italian regions, dating from the sixteenth to the nineteenth century. The house has five stone fireplaces dating back to the sixteenth/seventeenth century that ensure proper heating during winter, alongside the electric heaters present in all rooms. The walnut window frames, dating back to the eighteenth century, have been carefully restored. The custom-made kitchen was built by local artisans. The bathrooms in the sleeping area are wall-tiled with end of eighteenth-century hand-painted majolica.
- Energy Class G, EPgl nren 466.88 kWh/sqm. EPgl ren 15.68 kWh/sqm yearly.
Ofena is a municipality of just over 500 inhab. at 531 m. asl in the Province of L'Aquila in Abruzzo, in a dominant position over the Tirino River Valley. Part of its territory falls within the Gran Sasso National Park, not far from Campo Imperatore and the ski resorts. A highlight of the area is the production of fine wines and olive oil. The ancient village is a medieval fortified village with the characteristic tall houses side by side for defensive purposes. There are some ancient Palaces, Churches and Convents of interest. In the village there are some shops, restaurants and essential services. Bus connections with nearby centres; Highways and Railway Stations about 20'. The city of L'Aquila is half an hour away by car, Pescara with the airport and the beaches of the Adriatic Sea at 60' by A25 highway, Rome at 90'.